*Students/Interns and Therapists under supervision must complete the Supervisor Permission Form
Please read and acknowledge the following agreement prior to commencing EMDR therapy basic training. *Submit via email to Training@mirandacounseling.com prior to start date
• All participants will participate in a 20 hour practicum, in which attendees will utilize EMDR with another participant. This may trigger unexpected access to past traumas, disturbing memories, and anxiety.
• By signing below, you are stating that you are licensed in the mental health field, or, if not licensed, have completed masters level coursework, currently in a licensing track and supervised by a licensed clinician with the appropriate letter on file.
• Case material presented didactically or on video/DVD may be disturbing to those with unresolved personal issues. In addition:
Participants presently engaged in personal therapy should seek permission from their therapist before participating in this training.
Participants who presently have a dissociative disorder should not participate without special arrangements being made with the Elizabeth Miranda, Miranda Counseling, LLC.
Participants with limiting or special medical conditions (pregnancy, heart condition, ocular difficulties, etc.) should consult their medical professionals before participating.
• Since the processing of targeted incidents may continue after the training, other dreams, memories, etc., may surface. In such cases, it is the responsibility of the participant to seek and obtain appropriate assistance. Providing such assistance is not an extension of the training. Clinicians who wish to continue with personal EMDR therapy can request referral information from our training staff.
• These experiential workshops, Weekend 1 and Weekend 2, are for clinical and research purposes only and will not qualify the participant to train others in EMDR therapy.
• Cancellation: 2 weeks prior, a refund minus $50 processing fee will be provided. Within 2 weeks, no refund will be made. Participants may use payments towards future trainings within a 2 year period.
• A Continuing Education Certificate will be issued only to those who attend the entire training and participate in the practice exercises on all 3 days. In certain states, their may be an additional fees for CE Classes
• CASE CONSULTATION: To be admitted to Weekend 2 of the training, documentation showing completion of 5 consultation hours with an EMDR Institute Facilitator is required (List of Facilitators and Consultation Sign Off Form will be in the Weekend 1 manual). A CE Certificate and Certificate of Completion will be issued only to those who complete the Weekend 2 training and have completed 10 hours (5 hours prior to Weekend 2 and 5 hours after Weekend 2) of case consultation with an EMDR Institute Approved Facilitator.
The undersigned acknowledges that (s)he has been advised & understands the above participant agreement and is responsible for the total amount due BEFORE training begins