CHOOSE IN PERSON OR VIRTUAL!!! Now offering IN person option, Lenexa, KS Redeemer Church, 9135 Haskins Street, Lenexa, KS 66215 *Choose in person OR VIRTUAL, whatever learning style works best for you and your busy life.
*This program site is ADA compliant. Please contact Elizabeth Miranda at firstname.lastname@example.org if special accommodations are required, or if you have questions regarding registration.
*R Elizabeth Miranda, LCMFT maintains responsibility for this program and its content in accordance with EMDRIA requirements.
Refresher Course?: Have you been trained in EMDR and just want more support? Took a break after your training and hesitant to dive back in? Just want to review this thing called EMDR? For a variety of reasons, we all need guidance implementing EMDR… Sound familiar? If so then this 1 Day Refresher Course is for you. We will review all 8 phases of the protocol and how to
“put it all together” with clients. Lecture, video case examples, and live demonstrations will be utilized to demonstrate the tasks and skills of each phase. Case examples are use throughout to help participants learn not just the phases, but how to implement EMDR with real clients.
*There is no practicum during this training.
*Participants MUST have completed an EMDRIA approved Basic Level Training in order to attend.
Course Learning Objectives:
1. Participants will be able to teach the Adaptive Information Processing Theory and what EMDR is to clients of various developmental levels and ages that demonstrates best practice for informed consent to EMDR.
2. Participants will be able to identify the tasks and objectives for each phase of the protocol of EMDR (What is the goal of each phase? And as a therapist what do I do in each phase?)
3. Participants will be able to identify 2 reasons why blocked processing may occur.
4. Participants will be able to identify 2 strategies for use when processing is blocked during processing
5. Participants will be able to identify and use 3 resources for Preparation Phase and stabilization of clients.
Daily Schedule: *ALL TIMES ARE CENTRAL Time CENTRAL STANDARD TIME
8 am: Check in and Registration begins (Zoom room opens)
830 am: Training Begins
12 to 1pm: LUNCH BREAK (Central time)
5pm: Training ENDS
*This program is currently under review by EMDRIA for 7 hours of CEU credits
Meet the Trainer
About the Trainer… Elizabeth is originally from Indiana, where she graduated from Huntington University in 1998 with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology. She began her career working with teens in a residential facility, and later as a mentor and leader for youth in the community. She migrated to Kansas City where she completed her Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Friends University in Lenexa, KS in 2005. She furthered her education again in 2009 by completing KC Play Talk, an extensive training program in play therapy.
She is now a Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor (RPT-S) and treats children ages 2 and up. She is also an EMDRIA Certified Clinician and an Approved Consultant/Trainer in EMDR, which she does with both adults and children. Other advanced treatment approaches include: Trauma Focused CBT, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Theraplay, and her personal favorite, Dyadic Developmental Therapy (Attachment Focused Family Therapy). Elizabeth loves to help others learn both play therapy and EMDR and how to incorporate these modalities with children.
While she began her career working with troubled teens in residential, church, and community agencies, she has worked for nearly 17 years as a therapist, focusing on children and families healing from severe trauma. She also works with adults, couples, and really enjoys teenagers. Her passion is helping families understand trauma and the unique ways it needs treated in relationships. In 2011 she launched a private practice in Leawood, KS where she continues to work with families in need.
Elizabeth has been described as a “kid magnet” for many reasons. Her enthusiasm immediately draws both children and parents in. She has a gift at encouraging and connecting with even the most challenging or traumatized children and teens. Elizabeth has led groups for teens and parents addressing a variety of issues. Elizabeth provides Consultation to therapists in the field in EMDR, specifically helping therapists incorporate play therapy and EMDR. She also provides supervision for play therapy, and is a AAMFT Approved Supervisor, assisting new therapists with post-graduate supervision in Kansas and Missouri.
Full refunds, minus a $20 administration fee will be charged for any and all cancellations up to 7 days prior to the event. If it is within the 7 days, no refund will be issued: participants can apply this to a future Kid and EMDR training held by Miranda Counseling within 2 years of this training date.
Participants must attend live, and be on camera at all times in order to ensure ethical guidelines followed for attending an in-person training and obtaining CE certificates.
Refunds will not be issues for internet connection issues or failure, please ensure your internet is high speed and capable of hosting this webinar. For more information on what is recommended, please go to Zoom website and look up your device and what speeds are recommended. Using an ethernet cable to plug your device directly into the router or sitting near the router as well as ensuring others are not streaming are all helpful in ensuring quality internet connection.
CE: This training has approval for EMDRIA 7.0 hr CE, provider # 18009
Virtual requirements: Participants must be on camera at all times, and zoom will register your attendance. In order to honor CE requirements, a short quiz will be administered at the end of the training.
For grievances, participants should email Tracy@mirandacounseling.com.
Grievances will be responded to within 10 business days.
Conflict of Interest: There are no known conflicts of interest for this workshop.
CE-Classes.com is the provider of the CEs). Licensed professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop. Participants print their own certificate after registering at CE-Classes.com, entering a keycode, and completing an evaluation form.
CE-Classes.com is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) CE-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 02-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201
- New York Social Work Board – CE-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2024 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.