How to do EMDR with kids/teens. Learn art and play activities for EMDR as well as how to do EMDR with littles. See it, learn it, do it!
NEW: IN PERSON OR VIRTUAL YOU DECIDE!! In this training, participants will learn and have opportunity to practice play, sand, and art activities in order to implement EMDR with kids and teens. Learn ways to assess for EMDR targets, explain EMDR to littles and parents in a way that makes sense, as well as how to do reprocessing using play therapy techniques and strategies that help them engage in EMDR while staying in their window of tolerance.
A list of supplies will be given to you to have on hand so you can do the activities in your own home or office.
This training is live, hosted via Zoom.
Participants will watch videos of children doing EMDR, and be taught via case examples, lecture, and live demonstrations various techniques to increase your ability to utilize EMDR in creative ways with littles and teens.
Course Learning Objectives:
1. Review the brain, impact of trauma, and how EMDR works with goal of having tools to explain EMDR effectively to children and parents in a way that makes sense and is informed consent for treatment.
2. Learn play therapy, art, and sand tray activities to increase implementation of the 8 phases of EMDR with children in an engaging, relational way.
3. “Putting it all together” Through video and case examples see how to implement EMDR and play therapy from start to finish with clients.
Daily Schedule: *ALL TIMES ARE CENTRAL STANDARD TIME
8:00 AM Registration/Zoom Waiting Room Opens
8:30 AM: Training Begins
12 PM to 1pm CENTRAL: LUNCH BREAK
4:30 PM: Evaluations/ Wrap it UP
5 PM Training ENDS
Meet the Trainer
About the Trainer… Elizabeth is originally from Indiana, where she graduated from Huntington University in 1998 with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology. She began her career working with teens in a residential facility, and later as a mentor and leader for youth in the community. She migrated to Kansas City where she completed her Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Friends University in Lenexa, KS in 2005. She furthered her education again in 2009 by completing KC Play Talk, an extensive training program in play therapy.
She is now a Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor (RPT-S) and treats children ages 2 and up. She is also an EMDRIA Certified Clinician and an Approved Consultant/Trainer in EMDR, which she does with both adults and children. Other advanced treatment approaches include: Trauma Focused CBT, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Theraplay, and her personal favorite, Dyadic Developmental Therapy (Attachment Focused Family Therapy). Elizabeth loves to help others learn both play therapy and EMDR and how to incorporate these modalities with children.
While she began her career working with troubled teens in residential, church, and community agencies, she has worked for nearly 17 years as a therapist, focusing on children and families healing from severe trauma. She also works with adults, couples, and really enjoys teenagers. Her passion is helping families understand trauma and the unique ways it needs treated in relationships. In 2011 she launched a private practice in Leawood, KS where she continues to work with families in need.
Elizabeth has been described as a “kid magnet” for many reasons. Her enthusiasm immediately draws both children and parents in. She has a gift at encouraging and connecting with even the most challenging or traumatized children and teens. Elizabeth has led groups for teens and parents addressing a variety of issues. Elizabeth provides Consultation to therapists in the field in EMDR, specifically helping therapists incorporate play therapy and EMDR. She also provides supervision for play therapy, and is a AAMFT Approved Supervisor, assisting new therapists with post-graduate supervision in Kansas and Missouri.
Full refunds, minus a $20 administration fee will be charged for any and all cancellations up to 7 days prior to the event. If it is within the 7 days, no refund will be issued: participants can apply this to a future Kid and EMDR training held by Miranda Counseling within 2 years of this training date.
Participants must attend live, and be on camera at all times in order to ensure ethical guidelines followed for attending an in-person training and obtaining CE certificates.
Refunds will not be issues for internet connection issues or failure, please ensure your internet is high speed and capable of hosting this webinar. For more information on what is recommended, please go to Zoom website and look up your device and what speeds are recommended. Using an ethernet cable to plug your device directly into the router or sitting near the router as well as ensuring others are not streaming are all helpful in ensuring quality internet connection.
CE: This training has approval for EMDRIA 7.0 hr CE, provider # 18009
Virtual requirements: Participants must be on camera at all times, and zoom will register your attendance. In order to honor CE requirements, a short quiz will be administered at the end of the training.
For grievances, participants should email Tracy@mirandacounseling.com.
Grievances will be responded to within 10 business days.
Conflict of Interest: There are no known conflicts of interest for this workshop.
CE-Classes.com is the provider of the CEs). Licensed professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop. Participants print their own certificate after registering at CE-Classes.com, entering a keycode, and completing an evaluation form.
CE-Classes.com is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) CE-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 02-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201
- New York Social Work Board – CE-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2024 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.