|Level 1||September 28, 29, 30 of 2023|
|Level 2||November2, 3, 4 0f 2023|
In Person OR Live/Virtual Via Zoom
- Schedule: 830 am to 5 pm Daily (Level 1 &2)
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Lunch Break: 12 to 1 pm Central Time
- Location: Kansas City, Westside Family Church,8500 Woodsonia Drive,Lenexa, KS 66227
This EMDRIA approved training in EMDR therapy: A Developmentally Grounded Training for Treating Clients from Children to Adults. © 2018 Robbie Adler-Tappia
EMDRIA Approved Basic Level Training in EMDR. Participants will learn EMDR’s 8 phase approach through teaching and practicum. Level 1 and 2, along with 10 hours of consultation are needed in order to complete the EMDRIA requirements for basic level training. EMDRIA requires that this training be completed within 1 year of beginning.
Participants will participate in lecture and live practicum in order to learn how to implement EMDR protocol with clients. Instructors assist participants as they work through the 8 phase protocol over the course of 3 days, which again is repeated and additional skills added in weekend 2. See Participation Agreement
Who May Attend: This training is intended for licensed clinicians with a masters degree or higher in mental health or related field: ie: school counselors, Licensed Professional Counselor, Psychologist, Marriage and Family Therapist, Masters Level Social Worker) OR students in their second year of graduate school and in practicum towards work as a licensed clinician. It is designed for all clinicians regardless of populations and ages they are working with.
- Total cost is $1495 for Private Practice
- $1100 for non-profit agencies
- graduate students, or veterans/active millitary.
- Cost includes both level 1 and 2, along with the 10 hours of consultation required by EMDRIA to be completed with Basic Training in EMDR. See tickets below for payment plan options.
More Questions? Check out the EMDR Training FAQ found here – EMDR FAQ
All participants must read, sign, and submit this particiation agreement. This will be completed when you register, but here is a copy for your review:
Interns and Post-Graduate Supervisees:
Are you an intern graduate student? OR under supervision post-graduate working towards indepent licensure/clinical level license?
Your Supervisor must sign this consent form. Please print, sign, and submit to email@example.com prior to the training date.
20 hours of lecture, 20 hours of facilitated practical experience, and 10 hours of case consultation are required to complete this training, and must be completed within 1 year of start date.
At the end of this training, the participant will be able to:
• Practice Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy also known as EMDR Therapy, all requisite skills, and all aspects of this modality both as a client and as the therapi• Analyze the discovery, history, evolution of EMDR Therapy and EMDRIA definition of EMDR Therapy. Therapy’s Model, Mechanism and Method, The Adaptive Information Processing Model including all 8-Phases of this therapy developed by Francine Shapiro.
• Analyze the basic hypotheses, clinical implications and applications of this model, and differentiation from other therapeutic approaches.
• Develop informed consent, history taking, development of affect management skills, treatment and target sequence planning.
• Identify the impact of trauma and its treatment, as well as client readiness and preparation for EMDR
• Explain, demonstrate and practice Desensitization aka Dual Awareness Stimulation (DAS) and the mechanics of EMDR Therapy including the modes of stimulation.
• Explain, demonstrate and practice Phase 3: Assessment. Developing the 8 procedural steps.
• Explain when to target traumas from the past vs. present vs. future events. (This is EMDR’s Three-Pronged Approach to the treatment plan.)
• Demonstrate and practice EMDR Therapy session body scan, closure followed by a re-assess the target the next session.
• Practice strategies to move through blocked processing using cognitive interweaves, and manage new material that emerges.
• Explain the difference between an extreme emotional reaction versus an abreaction and how to manage this during EMDR processing.
• Explain potential client and therapist impediments. When EMDR Therapy might be contraindicated and when special care should be taken.
• Practice EMDR Therapy for special diagnoses: Anxiety, grief, phobias, pain, addiction
• Explain EMDR Therapy when working with specific populations: children, couples, Veterans, Emergency Responders, sexual abuse victims, complex PTSD, dissociation and attachment
• Explain and discuss the professional, legal, and ethical issues including scope of practice, informed consent, and EMDRIA’s standards of practice.
• Practice the above skills taught in this workshop for 20 hours.
• Explain the consultation process and various credentialing available through EMDRIA.
Meet the Trainer
About the Trainer… Elizabeth is originally from Indiana, where she graduated from Huntington University in 1998 with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology. She began her career working with teens in a residential facility, and later as a mentor and leader for youth in the community. She migrated to Kansas City where she completed her Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Friends University in Lenexa, KS in 2005. She furthered her education again in 2009 by completing KC Play Talk, an extensive training program in play therapy and also pursued training to become a AAMFT Approved Supervisor and a Consultant/Trainer in EMDR.
She is now a Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor (RPT-S) and treats children ages 2 and up. She is also an EMDRIA Certified Clinician and an Approved Consultant/Trainer in EMDR, which she does with both adults and children. Other advanced treatment approaches include: Trauma Focused CBT, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Theraplay, and her personal favorite, Dyadic Developmental Therapy (Attachment Focused Family Therapy) and Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy.
While she began her career working with troubled teens in residential, church, and community agencies, she has worked for over 18 years as a therapist, focusing on children and families healing from severe trauma. She also works with adults, couples, and really enjoys teenagers. Her passion is helping families understand trauma and the unique ways it needs treated in relationships. In 2011 she launched a private practice in Leawood, KS where she continues to work with families in need.
Why so many certifications and letters behind her name?! While Elizabeth is a passionate life-long learner, she also values encouraging and supporting colleagues and other professionals in our field. In order to lead others and provide consultation and/or supervision these credentials are necessary to open the career doors her consultants desire.
Elizabeth provides Consultation for EMDR, supporting therapists who desire to use this approach with their own clients. She also provides supervision for play therapy, and is a AAMFT Approved Supervisor, assisting new therapists with post-graduate supervision in Kansas and Missouri.
Full refunds, minus a $100 administration fee will be charged for any and all cancellations up to 7 days prior to the event. If it is within the 7 days, no refund will be issued: participants can apply paid funds to a future training held by Miranda Counseling within 2 years of this training date. Refunds will not be issued for technical difficulties including internet failures, so please ensure your internet is capable of hosting this training.
Miranda Counseling,LLC reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. In this instance, participants will be notified via email of the cancellation in advance of the scheduled workshop date. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of paid workshop fees.
Miranda Counseling, LLC reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. If a workshop is canceled, participants will be notified via email prior to the workshop start time. Miranda Counseling, LLC will notify participants of a reschedule date for the workshop as soon as the reschedule date is known.. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for the future course date or to receive a full refund of the paid workshop fee.
Participants must attend live, and be on camera at all times in order to ensure ethical guidelines followed for attending an in-person training and obtaining CE certificates.
Refunds will not be issues for internet connection issues or failure, please ensure your internet is high speed and capable of hosting this webinar. For more information on what is recommended, please go to Zoom website and look up your device and what speeds are recommended. Using an ethernet cable to plug your device directly into the router or sitting near the router as well as ensuring others are not streaming are all helpful in ensuring quality internet connection.
CE: This training has approval for EMDRIA 40.0 hr CE, provider # 18009 Each level of training is 20 CE, please check with your state to ensure this qualifies towards your state licensure.
Virtual requirements: Participants must be on camera at all times, and zoom will register your attendance. In order to honor EMDRIA CE requirements, a quiz will be administered at the end of the training for all, but scores are not pass/fail or grading it just must be completed.
ADA Needs: Facilities hosting trainings meet ADA requirements. Need additional accommodations? Please call our office for more information or requests: 913 295 9800 ext. 3 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grievance Policy: For grievances, participants should email Tracy@mirandacounseling.com.
Grievances will be responded to within 10 business days.
Conflict of Interest: There are no known conflicts of interest for this workshop.
PAYMENT NOTE: If you have any issues with payments, please email email@example.com or text 913-961-9655. The issues are being worked on and will be resolved shortly.